This ‘Featured Images’ video tutorial covers:
- Locating the ‘Set Featured Image’ button
- Uploading an image
- Adding an image from the ‘Media Library’
- Editing or deleting an image
- Publishing or updating content
- ‘Featured Images’ are images set to represent a Post, a Page or a Custom Post Type. Where a featured image actually displays on your site is determined by the active theme.
The ‘Set Featured Image’ link can be found in the ‘Featured Image’ module of the Post or Page editor. Clicking ‘Set Featured Image’ will open the a drag-and-drop media uploader or you can click ‘Select Files’ and upload an image from anywhere on your hard drive. Clicking the ‘Media Library’ tab will allow you to select from the images that have already been uploaded to your site.
Select an image by clicking on it and the options to edit or manage the image will display on the right side of the screen. Once you are satisfied with your changes click the ‘Set Featured Image’ button and your image will be added to the post.
A thumbnail of the featured image will display in the ‘Featured Image’ box. From the Page or Post editor click ‘Publish’ or ‘Update’ to make your content go live.