Summary of Roles
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.
To change a role one must have capability to do so.
- Steps to change a role for a user(s), go to Dashboard and select USERS
- From the list of users check the one(s) you’d like to modify.
- At the top of the user list, drop down “Change role to…” to display the possibilities.
- Select the one in need and CLICK the button CHANGE for the changes to be applied.